What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Experience better control, traction, and driving confidence on the roads of Ladue with Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive. This advanced feature is available on most Mercedes-Benz models, and can help enhance your commute with benefits such as:
- Better power distribution to the wheels that can use it best
- Improved grip while driving in rain, sleet, or snow
- Helps to preserve better fuel economy
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
By combining four different enhancements to your driving ability through Clayton and beyond, the 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive system works to ensure your drive is safe and efficient through the following performance benefits:
- Turning into a corner means the outside wheels of your vehicle take a longer path than the inside wheels. In turn, the wheels rotate at different speeds. 4MATIC® actively monitors wheel spin to make sure it’s running optimally.
- Mercedes-Benz vehicles are known for their performance. So in moments of high-performance driving, it’s crucial to send appropriate amounts of torque to the wheels that need it. 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive does this for you, maximizing handling.
- The amount of force sent to your tires affects braking, steering, and acceleration. 4MATIC® helps boost power distribution from the front or rear wheels to all four wheels, which helps to maximize the force applied to the road from the tires.
- Road surfaces can change in the blink of an eye due to things like dirt, rain, ice, and more. With 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive, the system will actively monitor road conditions and adjust braking and engine output appropriately. Paired with an electronic traction control system, it’s designed for optimal control.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Can Be Equipped with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Whether it’s the stunning E-Class Sedan or one of our luxury SUVs that catches your eye, a large number of Mercedes-Benz models can be equipped with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive:
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Most Mercedes-Benz AMG® models also come with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive, as well as added performance benefits of the AMG® line.
Explore 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive at Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis
Browse our available selection of new, used, and certified pre-owned vehicles with all-wheel drive capability today. While you’re at it, explore other Mercedes-Benz technologies, like BlueTEC®, PRESAFE®, and DISTRONIC PLUS®. You can always contact us to schedule a test drive and experience it for yourself before you drive it home to Frontenac.
More Technology Info From Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis
In the event that an accident is about to occur, the Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® system activates. This system activates precautionary measures that help ensure the safety of you and your passengers and is available on many new Mercedes-Benz models. Read on to discover more about this high tech safety system at Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis, your Clayton-area Mercedes-Benz dealership….
DISTRONIC PLUS® is an active cruise control system that automatically adjusts your speed in relation to the flow of traffic. When you activate DISTRONIC PLUS®, you’ll set your preferred speed and your preferred follow distance, and the system will take care of the rest! By monitoring the gap between yourself and the vehicle in front…
Experience better control, traction, and driving confidence on the roads of Ladue with Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive. This advanced feature is available on most Mercedes-Benz models, and can help enhance your commute with benefits such as: Better power distribution to the wheels that can use it best Improved grip while driving in rain, sleet, or…