What is Mercedes-Benz DISTRONIC PLUS®?
DISTRONIC PLUS® is an active cruise control system that automatically adjusts your speed in relation to the flow of traffic. When you activate DISTRONIC PLUS®, you’ll set your preferred speed and your preferred follow distance, and the system will take care of the rest! By monitoring the gap between yourself and the vehicle in front of you using built-in radar systems, this advanced technology feature can make your Clayton and Ladue drives both safer and more convenient. Learn more about DISTRONIC PLUS®, and find a new vehicle that offers the feature, here at Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis.
How Do I Use DISTRONIC PLUS®?
DISTRONIC PLUS® is a powerful, next-generation feature, but operating the system is as easy as one-two-three. If your Mercedes-Benz vehicle offers this feature, you can take the following steps to deploy it:
- Your primary controls for DISTRONIC PLUS® are located on a lever attached to the right-hand side of your steering column. Set your follow distance by turning a knob on the end of the control lever. This setting will be displayed on the central screen.
- To engage the system, simply move the lever up or down. The first time you move the lever, your speed will be set at the rate you are currently traveling.
- To exit cruise control, simply press on the brakes or push the control lever away from your body. You can resume your last set speed by pulling the lever towards your body.
- By moving the lever up or down to the point of resistance, you can adjust your speed by one mile per hour. If you press the lever hard, moving it past the point of resistance, it changes the speed by five miles per hour.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® is functional between 0 and 125 miles per hour.
- DISTRONIC PLUS® will bring you to a complete stop if and when traffic comes to a halt. If you are stopped for longer than three seconds, the system will disengage.
DISTRONIC PLUS® is a highly intelligent feature, but it should only be used on the highway, and it isn’t a substitute for the driver’s focus and attention. For more information on the limitations and best practices associated with DISTRONIC PLUS®, you can reach out to Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis or consult your owner’s manual.
What Is DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist?
Many Mercedes-Benz vehicles are also available with DISTRONIC PLUS® Steering Assist, which tracks lane markings, as well as the positions of other vehicles, in order to keep you centered safely in your lane. DISTRONIC PLUS® Steering Assist requires that your hands remain on the steering wheel at all times, but when it’s active, this system will help to move you with the curves of the road, preventing unsafe lane changes at the same time.
Whether you’re cruising the highway out past Frontenac, or just managing traffic on the busy roads of St. Louis, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind that only this Mercedes-Benz driver assistance safety feature can provide.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models offer DISTRONIC® Cruise Control?
DISTRONIC® cruise control systems can be equipped in each of the following vehicles, either as standard components or available options:
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
- Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLC
- Mercedes-Benz SL
Turn to Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis for More Info
Getting all of the safety and convenience features that you desire is easy when you drive with Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis near Clayton. Our lineup of new vehicles includes models with DISTRONIC®, DISTRONIC PLUS®, and DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist, and there’s never been a better time to take advantage of our Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis special offers. Contact us today to get behind the wheel and experience the DISTRONIC PLUS® technologies for yourself! View more Mercedes-Benz technology like ATTENTION ASSIST® and PRESAFE®.
More on Mercedes-Benz Technology
In the event that an accident is about to occur, the Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® system activates. This system activates precautionary measures that help ensure the safety of you and your passengers and is available on many new Mercedes-Benz models. Read on to discover more about this high tech safety system at Mercedes-Benz of St. Louis, your Clayton-area Mercedes-Benz dealership….
DISTRONIC PLUS® is an active cruise control system that automatically adjusts your speed in relation to the flow of traffic. When you activate DISTRONIC PLUS®, you’ll set your preferred speed and your preferred follow distance, and the system will take care of the rest! By monitoring the gap between yourself and the vehicle in front…
Experience better control, traction, and driving confidence on the roads of Ladue with Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive. This advanced feature is available on most Mercedes-Benz models, and can help enhance your commute with benefits such as: Better power distribution to the wheels that can use it best Improved grip while driving in rain, sleet, or…